Due to the great generosity of my parents (Happy Chanukah, Birthday and 1st Anniversary to us!), we now own backpacks! It feels like a major step in getting ready for the trip. We both ended up getting Osprey Waypoint 85 (the men and women's versions... although since my torso is about 4 inches long mine is actually an 82 liter pack). They were just redesigned and have all sorts of great features - slash-proof fabric, zipper covers, fun mesh secret pockets- the whole nine yards. It was a really hard decision for me between the 65 and 85, but when it came down to it, I think I would rather make a concerted effort to not fill the 85 rather than worry that that last pair of underwear are going to split a seam...In other news, Mike is jealous of my travel gear (my backpack is a lovely green, his is black, because girls like pretty things) and I got the most awesome travel hat ever. It is a tailored reversible bucket-y hat that is a cute green on one side and awesome brown plaid on the other (see above awesomeness).
Monday, November 9, 2009
We own backpacks!
Due to the great generosity of my parents (Happy Chanukah, Birthday and 1st Anniversary to us!), we now own backpacks! It feels like a major step in getting ready for the trip. We both ended up getting Osprey Waypoint 85 (the men and women's versions... although since my torso is about 4 inches long mine is actually an 82 liter pack). They were just redesigned and have all sorts of great features - slash-proof fabric, zipper covers, fun mesh secret pockets- the whole nine yards. It was a really hard decision for me between the 65 and 85, but when it came down to it, I think I would rather make a concerted effort to not fill the 85 rather than worry that that last pair of underwear are going to split a seam...In other news, Mike is jealous of my travel gear (my backpack is a lovely green, his is black, because girls like pretty things) and I got the most awesome travel hat ever. It is a tailored reversible bucket-y hat that is a cute green on one side and awesome brown plaid on the other (see above awesomeness).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment