Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Katooooomba
Ok, really just Katoomba... but still fun to say. We'll try to put up a longer post in the next couple of days. Mike has lots to say about the crazy prices in Sydney, and the massive number of stairs we went down today, but I've got 5 more minutes of internet and just wanted to check in. We've spent the last two days in the Blue Mountains, which are gorgeous, an Australian mini-Grand Canyon if you will. We spent all of today hiking, yesterday we saw Up in the Air (cheap tuesdays, yay 'cheap' movies!). And tomorrow we will spend most of our day in transit on our way up to Byron Bay for the weekend! Katoomba has been awesome, I would recommend it to anyone (also we had amazing Thai food for dinner, way to go Chork Dee, Blue Mountains Specialty restaurant of 1998).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So this has nothing to do with Mike and Debbie’s travel blog but I talked it over with Dan Kaufman, and we thought there was not a funnier place to post a political prognostication, so here goes: Ok, so Patrick Kennedy (D) decided not to run for re-election to his Rhode Island House of Representatives seat a few days ago. I have not heard a single political talking head say this, but I strongly think that Patrick Kennedy is not retiring or “getting out of politics” but instead, he is planning to gain Massachusetts residency and run for his dad’s (Ted Kennedy’s) Senate seat against Scott Brown (R). And here’s a tid-bit, that Senate election is in 2012, not 2016, because Scott Brown is essentially filling the remainder of Ted Kennedy’s term, which was set to expire in 2012, so Patrick Kennedy only has 2 years until the big showdown (in my guesstimation).
ReplyDeleteContinue to have a great trip Mike and D!
I agree, Marc. Mike and Debbie SHOULD continue to have a great trip.
ReplyDeleteI'm still undecided on Mike and Debbie's trip, but I do think this is the perfect forum for a discussion on New England politics. Well done, Marc.
ReplyDeleteI'm not so sure about your theory, though. If Kennedy really wanted to run for his Dad's seat, he could have done so in the special this year. There aren't any residency requirements to run for the Senate (examples: Hillary Clinton or Bobby Kennedy). And he wouldn't just skip the special to wait until 2012 - back when he would have made that call, it was pretty assumed there would be an incumbent Dem Senator running in 2012. I think he genuinely wanted out of Congress.
You guys are dorks. And totally wrong. Its clear that The Situation is shaking up his residency so he can run for the seat. Duh.
ReplyDelete