I know a lot of you have questions about what one brings on a trip like this, so here goes:
We put it all in Osprey Wayfarer Backpacks (one for boys, one for girls... as previously discussed)
Underwear: 5-7 pairs (more than you're supposed to, but I can't compromise on underwear), Debbie also has 3 bras (Mike for obvi reasons, does not). We each have long underwear just in case.
Socks: 3 pair
Pants: 3 pair each (one jeans, two travel)
Skirts: Debbie has 1 travel skirt and one travel dress (Thanks Patagonia Veteran's Day Sale!)
Shirts: 5ish each (we haven't quite picked them, I'll update you on that one)
Outerwear: We each have a light fleece and a windbreaker/raincoat.
Shoes: 3 pair each. Keen Light Hikers, Water Sandals(Mike has Tevas, Debbie has Chacos) and a pair of flippy floppies.
Misc: We each have a sun hat, a warm hat, bathing suit, gloves, belt and a bandana
Non-clothes:
Nook! (Barnes & Nobel E-reader)
Deck of cards
5 dice (for Yahtzee & cosmic wimpout... it's possible that I have all the rules/scoring of both in my travel journal)
Immersion Coil (for boiling/sterilizing water... good for moderately sketchy water and a good cup of tea)
Travel Towels
Travel pillows (they are amazing, they are made of tiny cubes of memory foam that puff up!)
Sheet liners
Journals + Pens
Couple of legit books for trading
Camera + camera bits
Mosquito net (ask Mike....)
Glasses
Headlamps (for reading and awesomeness)
Sporks
Universal plug
Clothesline
Ipod nanos of two generations (red and blue we are soooo patriotic)
Phone
netbook (another Mike carry :)
Assorted toiletries
I'm sure I'm forgetting things, but typing it out, now it seems like a lot! Most of it tiny and very reuseable. We'll let you know how things work out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sunscreen? Insect repellent? Pepto? Don't forget the important stuff! Oops - The mom reminders just automatically kicked in!:)
ReplyDeleteHi Debbie,
ReplyDeleteTim in Santa Barbara here. I'm so jealous of your adventure!!! 10 months, that's crazy. Keep this blog rolling regularly, love to vicariously travel.
I am getting married this March and doing a 10 DAY trip to Amsterdam, Paris, Switzerland. So I get a consolation prize.
Enjoy, be safe and report
Miss ya, love ya
Tim
You were so right on- every time I talk with you I am thinking in the back of my head (and wondering out loud): How the hell are they fitting everything in??? What do you take for 10 months???? You have satisfied my curiousity:)
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you guys, and look forward to reading further blog posts. Love you!